Our Teacher Training programs provide teachers and educators-to-be, with the tools, mentors, and hands-on experience they’ll need once they begin their career.
The two very interesting certificate programs are from The Hanen Centre – Canada
Learning Language and Loving It™ – The Hanen Program® for Early Childhood Educators, Primary teachers and Special Educators
This Program is designed to provide educators with practical strategies for helping all children in the classroom build language and social skills, no matter what their learning and communication styles are, and even if they have special needs.
The Learning Language and Loving It Program provides teachers with practical, research-based strategies for:
- Promoting every child’s language development using natural everyday activities, routines and play
- Becoming attuned to children’s interests so you can follow their lead, which is known to foster language development
- Adjusting the way you talk to help children develop more advanced language skills
- Promoting interaction among the children themselves
- Facilitating language-learning in pretend play
- Fostering emergent literacy skills
Using the Learning Language and Loving It approach in early childhood settings ensures that every child receives the help and encouragement he needs. That’s because Learning Language and Loving It has a three-pronged, comprehensive approach aimed at:
- Prevention of Language Delays for children at risk and second-language learners
- Early Language Intervention for children with language delays
- Language Enrichment for typically developing children
The Adapted 15 day Program components are-
- A Hanen Certified Early Childhood Education Consultant leading the program to a group of up to twenty educators;
- 5-8 intensive group training sessions (15-20 hours) in which you learn through a variety of media and by interacting with your fellow educators;
- 4-6 individual videotaping and feedback sessions for each educator (educators’ interactions with children are videotaped by and reviewed with the group leader); and
- User-friendly resources to support your learning. ( including the Guidebook )
- Certificate from the Hanen Centre signed by the program leader
Want to find out more? Interested and want to register? send us a mail at (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Teacher Talk™ Training Series
Teacher Talk™ is a flexible series of three one-day trainings designed to introduce early childhood educators to the Learning Language and Loving It™ approach.
What Educators Learn from Teacher Talk™
The Teacher Talk Training Series is designed to actively engage participants through discussions, small group activities, analysis of video examples and completion of practical Action Plans that participants take back to their classrooms. Teachers receive workbooks for each session that allow them to personalize the content and think about how they will meet the needs of the individual children in their classroom.
Teacher Talk is divided into three full-day training sessions:
►Teacher Talk™ Training A: Encouraging Language Development in Early Childhood settings
Participants learn how to:
- Identify children’s conversational styles and the role teachers play in interactions
- Implement six steps to following the child’s lead: Observe, Wait and Listen, Be Face to Face, Imitate, Interpret, Comment, and Join in and Play
- Help children become better conversation partners by using appropriate questions, comments and turn-taking cues
- Use five important steps to ensure that no child is left out of the interaction during group activities
►Teacher Talk™ Training B: Let Language Lead the Way to Literacy
Participants learn how to encourage and support literacy development by:
- Helping children develop a positive attitude toward the use of print
- Choosing books that match children’s interests and stages of development
- Using book reading as a time for interaction and conversation
- Making print a natural and meaningful part of every day
►Teacher Talk™ Training C: Fostering Peer Interaction in Early Childhood Settings
Participants learn how to encourage and support peer interaction by:
- Making the most effective use of space in the classroom
- Encouraging a variety of groupings for interaction
- Providing appropriate materials and activities
- Creating reasons for interaction and providing specific coaching
Note: The Teacher Talk Training Series is offered flexibly. Training A is offered on its own, or in combination with Training B. and/or C.
Training A, however, must be completed by the participant before he or she attends either B or C.
Certificate from the Hanen Center, signed by the program leader is given for all individual trainings .
To register, Mail us at email@example.com